I’m happy to report the Big Shoes album release concert and celebration at Coast Recorders in San Francisco was a sold-out success. Cody, Mason, and I had a blast being able to hear each other on stage better than ever thanks to the room’s perfect acoustics and the attentive crowd.
Friends and fans have been asking how the record release is going for me now that Big Shoes has been out in the wild for a few weeks. The executive summary: It’s going well and the process continues to be a lot of fun. It’s selling on CD Baby, Amazon and BandCamp; one cool thing about BandCamp…
Here’s a blog post I wrote a few years back giving advice to singers who want to perform at jam sessions. Interest in the post reawoke recently when someone on Facebook raised the topic of discord between singers and instrumentalists, and we all agreed that much of the discord would dissolve with a few simple…
- Phineas Newborn, and Revisiting the Question of “What Good are Scales?”
- Fun with Fills, What Good are Scales, and Thoughts on Growing Musical Vocabulary
- A Disappointment with My New Organ Clone
- Musing on Music Media: CD, Vinyl, and Streaming — Audio Media Sound Quality, and How We Got Here
- Hammond Lesson Samples from PianoGroove now on YouTube