On April 16, 2015 I had the pleasure of being interviewed on KKUP Radio’s JaZzLine program by Afrikahn Jamal Dayvs, one of the Bay Area’s great public supporters of the Hammond Organ. Of course our main topic was my recent album release Big Shoes. I apologize that the audio is clipped in some spots; I…
This posting might interest non-musicians but it’s written with musician readers in mind, hence the “musician’s corner” category tag. Before you read on, it might be best to listen to this entire song and then come back here. The web and the world are heavily populated with objects, still images, and videos like this one and this one that show us how…
- A New Accordion-Nerd Video!
- Phineas Newborn, and Revisiting the Question of “What Good are Scales?”
- Fun with Fills, What Good are Scales, and Thoughts on Growing Musical Vocabulary
- A Disappointment with My New Organ Clone
- Musing on Music Media: CD, Vinyl, and Streaming — Audio Media Sound Quality, and How We Got Here