I’ve had my Viscount Legend Live for over nine months now, and a couple of months back I discovered a problem with it that I feel like I need to share because my blog posts here about the Legend Live have been getting quite a bit of traffic from people looking for which clone they…
In an offhand comment on Facebook I mentioned that putting music on an LP entails some necessary sonic compromises for engineering reasons, and a friend replied, “Are you saying the sonic compromises are still being made for today’s vinyl, or for CDs and other digital formats too?” This post is an edited version of my…
- A New Accordion-Nerd Video!
- Phineas Newborn, and Revisiting the Question of “What Good are Scales?”
- Fun with Fills, What Good are Scales, and Thoughts on Growing Musical Vocabulary
- A Disappointment with My New Organ Clone
- Musing on Music Media: CD, Vinyl, and Streaming — Audio Media Sound Quality, and How We Got Here